As an Endoscopy Technician, your strong communication and organization skills, along with your ability to put patients at ease greatly assists the physician when performing endoscopic procedures, leading to excellent patient care.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: 800 Carter St, Rochester, NY 14621
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, Days, Open 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience in some aspect of healthcare involving patient contact
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and patient focused
- Procedure Assistance. Assist physicians with flexible sigmoidoscopies according to the current policies; set up appropriate equipment for procedures and ensure necessary supplies are available; maintain an adequate supply level in procedure rooms, utility rooms and office areas; ensure instrument trays and other supplies are sterilized and in stock for procedures; troubleshoot and recognize malfunctions
- Patient Care. Explain procedures and expected sensations to patient and provide instructions to ensure patient cooperation and minimize discomfort; interpret age specific developmental, physiologic and unique care needs by assessment, and by observation of care delivery; provide both emotional and physical support to patients during procedures
- General Maintenance. Maintain a clean and safe patient care environment, implement and follow infection control procedures; collect, prepare and label all specimens correctly during flexible sigmoidoscopy; prepare pathology slips according to current protocols
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.