Senior Equipment Engineer
The Senior Equipment Engineer is responsible for managing the equipment programs for all laboratory related equipment. The role ensures equipment performance to meet operational needs. The Senior Equipment Engineer coordinates all repairs, purchase, installation and calibration of equipment and systems
LOCATION: 150 Elmgrove rd
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Trials Specimen Management
- Bachelors required (degree in engineering or physics preferred)
- 5 years of equipment engineering experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with analyzing performance of equipment (OEE, Pareto Analysis, Trending, MTBF, Cpk) preferred.
- Equipment Installation. Implement equipment installations, qualifications, and validations according to department schedules and procedures. Coordinate all aspects of calibrations. Review and approve calibration requests for correctness, verify process and product specifications are met. Ensure all work areas and equipment rooms in a clean, safe and organized manner to meet all regulatory compliance. Escalate and advise leadership on equipment performance & calibration related issues.
- Analysis. Provide periodic statistical analysis and reporting for review by departmental management in an effort to continually improve the effectiveness of the maintenance program and the operation of the equipment. Develop and implement equipment preventative maintenance (PM) tasks according to department procedures. Assist with corrective action/preventative action (CAPA), change requests and deviations.
- Documentation.Monitor and document contractors who provide equipment and/or service to ensure specifications are met. Document all work performed and all training received and given. Maintain parts inventory documents and maintain proper spare parts level.