Food Service Associate
Responsible to perform necessary food service duties related to preparation and service of food to patients, residents and customers of RRH facilities.
The employee must consistently demonstrate the following essential functions:
• Assembly of all patient, resident and customer meals or nourishments according to menu and diet specifications while utilizing proper food handling practices in a timely and organized manner.
• Perform all required duties in the facilities dish room or designated cleaning area.
• Responsible for the delivery of food carts, to and from the units while maintaining excellent customer relations.
• Responsible for accurate delivery and filling of supplies to units as required.
• Assist with maintaining organization of the coolers, freezers, and dry storage to facilitate inventory control.
• Maintain work areas in a safe, sanitary and orderly manner, demonstrating proper equipment use and sanitation techniques.
• Replenish work stations and supplies for the next meal or shift.
• Responsible for safe operation of food service equipment and utilizing personal protective equipment according to manufacturer labels and SDS information.
• Responsible for attending and retaining all staff meetings and in-service training.
• Maintain a positive representation of Food and Nutrition Services through professionalism, hygiene and uniform.
• Perform other duties as assigned within the department.
• Cash handling and register use may be required.
• For ElderOne: Valid American National Standards Institute accredited Food Safety Certification (i.e. ServSafe, NRFSP) obtained within 3 months of hire.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Knowledge of food safety and sanitation preferred.
• Previous food service experience preferred.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Rochester Regional Health System is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.