Homecare Coordinator II - Per Diem
The Homecare Coordinator (HCC) is responsible for the coordination of the patient’s clinical services between hospital setting and the home setting, when the patient’s care is being transferred from the hospital to home care environment.
We provide a flexible work environment that allows for a greater level of independence - combined with opportunities for growth within Lifetime Care and Rochester Regional Health.
Status: Per Diem
Location: Winton Road - Rochester, NY
Department: Home Care
Schedule: Per Diem
- Graduate of an accredited school of registered professional nursing and a valid NYS RN license and one year of community health nursing experience required; BSN preferred. A Bachelors degree in health/human services field with 2 years of home health care experience is acceptable.
- Solid interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are required.
- Basic computer skills are necessary, including but not limited to the ability to navigate on a personal computer within a Windows based operating environment.
- Ability to travel within region required.
- Demonstrated experience as a Lead resource and mentor.
- Ability to serve as an ambassador for nursing students representing Lifetime Care.
- Experience in facilitating orientation classes.
- Patient Evaluation. Evaluates the needs and care resources for each patient referred to Lifetime Care for home care services, including an assessment of the suitability of the patient’s home environment for safely providing care.
- Physician/Hospital Interaction. Obtains physician orders for home care services prior to each patient’s admission to home care. Facilitates communication between Lifetime Care and assigned hospital/agency staff, identifying and reporting processes in the system where communication and/or continuity of care can be improved.
- Care Coordination. Coordinates the home care plan, assuring that services are available as ordered by the physician. Documents each patient’s home care plan and coordination activities according to standards established by Lifetime Care and by the hospital or agency where assigned.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)