Hospice Aide I - Hildebrandt Hospice
Under the supervision of the Assigned Management, this position provides the quality care necessary to restore or maintain the patient’s physical and emotional well being. The position assists with the physical and personal care of clients and their activities of daily living, including assistance with meals, maintenance of safety and environmental upkeep. The Aide assists in maintaining a supportive and empathetic environment for patients and families.
Status: Full Time
Location: Hildebrandt Hospice Center
Schedule: Day/Evening/Night, Every other weekend/Every other holiday
• High School Diploma or equivalent and NYS DOH HHA certification are required.
• At least one year of nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide experience.
• An interest and sensitivity in caring for the terminally ill.
• Ability to read, writes, understands and carries out directions/instructions and maintains simple records.
• Accomplishes duties of the job within allotted time. Work is thorough and neat.
• Follows Hospice Plan of Care for each individual patient as directed by the RN.
• Observes patients’ conditions and reports any and all changes in patient condition to the RN.
• Feeds patients who are unable to feed themselves. Serves and collects meal trays.
• Measures and records food and liquid intake/output and vital signs – reports any changes to professional staff.
• Provides patients assistance with walking, exercising and moving in and out of bed, if needed.
• Provides assistance with personal care – bathing and grooming.
• Answers patient call lights.
• Gives regular attention to the patient’s comfort and communicates perceived needs to the nursing staff.
• Stocks/stores medical supplies and linens.
• Offers support and comfort to families at the time of patient’s death.
• Provides post-mortem care.
• Assists RN and other disciplines as it relates to health and non-health related tasks.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.