Rochester General Hospital, located in Rochester, New York is seeking a Clinical Pathologist to serve as a Laboratory Director for two Rochester Regional Health laboratory sites. Candidates should be Board certified in Clinical Pathology or Anatomic & Clinical Pathology, interested in teaching, and eligible for a New York State Department of Health Certificate of Qualification (C of Q for Laboratory Directorship) in a broad range of testing categories. Subspecialty board certification in Blood Bank/Transfusion Medicine, Chemical Pathology or Hematopathology is preferred.
- Join a multispecialty group of twenty-five experienced Rochester Regional Health (RRH) Pathologists supporting a five-hospital comprehensive healthcare system and committed to diagnostic excellence, teamwork and clinical collaboration
- Partner with fellow RRH Laboratory Directors to harmonize ambulatory and acute care testing performed at eight laboratory sites (totaling 7 million billed tests/year), supporting numerous system clinical programs, including the Lipson Cancer Institute, the Mary M Gooley Hemophilia Center, nationally recognized cardiac surgery, heart failure and stroke programs and high-volume ambulatory and point-of-care testing services across multiple counties
- Participate in innovative clinical informatics, population health and utilization management opportunities
- Serve as an Instructor in the RGH Clinical Laboratory Technologist Program, the 2nd oldest NAACLS accredited medical technologist training program in the United States
- Support global clinical trials diagnostics through a collaboration with our affiliate, ACM Global Laboratories
Rochester Regional Health is an integrated health services organization serving the people of Western New York, the Finger Lakes and beyond. The system provides care from 150 locations, including five hospitals; more than 100 primary and specialty practices, rehabilitation centers and ambulatory campuses; innovative senior services, facilities and independent housing; a wide range of behavioral health services; and ACM Medical Laboratory, a global leader in patient and clinical trials.
The Rochester region’s suburbs feature excellent public and private schools, and a variety of housing options. The Rochester region offers diverse cultural and recreational opportunities year-round, including the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, GeVa Theater Center, Rochester International Jazz Festival, as well as easy access to Manhattan, Boston, Washington, DC and Philadelphia, the Adirondacks and the Finger Lakes.
For more information, please forward your CV to Michelle Simlin, Senior Physician Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.