Lead Medical Technologist, Automated Chemistry
As the Lead Medical Technologist of Automated Chemistry, you will coordinate the activities of Medical Technologists and Medical Laboratory Technicians within the Automated Chemistry department. You will have diverse responsibilities in areas of analysis and clinical decision making, information management, regulatory compliance, training and quality assurance/performance improvement.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: ACM Global Laboratories - 160 Elmgrove Park
DEPARTMENT: Automated Chemistry
- BS in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science or equivalent required
- Minimum 6 years experience as a Medical Technologist
- New York State Department of Education Clinical Laboratory Technologist license required
- Certification by a national certification agency preferred (i.e. ASCP, NCA, or AMT)
- Ambitious and a driver of positive change
- Operations. Act as a lead resource to organize the daily workflow operations in the laboratory. Responsible for the overall functioning of department operations and assumption of essential managerial duties in the absence of department Supervisor/Manager. Assume responsibility for channeling appropriate daily operational information to the Supervisor/Manager, as required. Facilitate the installation, validation and correlation of new technology, procedures, assays, and educates technical staff in these facets of technological implementation. Communicate with internal/external customers when presented with problems or special requests. Investigate and completes Customer Service Actions and Incident Reports. Report external customer issues to the appropriate Manager or Department Head. Maintain an awareness of emerging technology in the field of specialty.
- Leadership. Schedule designated shift employees for mandatory in-services. Communicate and enforces company policies and procedures. Ensure staff compliance with established policies and procedures, in conjunction with the Supervisor/Manager. Orient and trains new employees, in conjunction with the Supervisor/Manager. Develop and implements training plans for staff, in conjunction with the Supervisor/Manager. Attend advanced training classes on major equipment to ensure up to date knowledge on proper maintenance and troubleshooting techniques. Review and update SOP’s as needed.
- Quality Control. Oversee the Quality Control and Proficiency Testing processes within the section. Includes receiving and accessioning specimens, working with staff to complete testing and reviewing results with the Supervisor/Manager prior to submission. Assist Supervisor/Manager with the compilation of start-up documentation required to maintain regulatory compliance. Perform analysis of QC data and initiates plan of corrective action if needed. Reviews and signs off on QC as needed and provides feedback to Supervisor/Manager. Perform all work in accordance with requirements of regulatory agencies such as CAP, NYSDOH, CLIA, OSHA, and SAMHSA.