Medical Assistant - Family Medicine at RIT
HOW WE CARE FOR YOU:
At Rochester Regional Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- No Weekends or Holidays
- Personal Time that includes Vacation Time, Sick Time & Holidays
- Health & Wellness Benefits starting Your First Day
- Medical, Dental & Vision Programs tailored to Your Needs
- Employee Assistance Program including free Mental Health
- Tuition Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program with Bonuses up to $10k
- Advancement Opportunities
- Retirement Savings Program
- Same Day Pay through Daily Pay
Family medicine provides care to patients of all ages, from birth through the end of life. The service line is composed of 40 medical practices located across a wide geography spanning 9 counties in Western New York. Practices are located in each of the six PCASI Regions. Practices are a mix of rural, suburban, and inner city populations. Each geography/location carries with it unique factors that are considered when delivering care. Unique populations include the underserved, refugees, homeless, Spanish speaking, and Mennonite to name a few.
DEPARTMENT: Family Medicine at RIT
LOCATION: 181 Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester NY 14623
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8AM-430PM
- Medical Assistant Certification or medical assistant experience preferred
- Strong customer service, computer, and communication skills
- Bilingual preferred
- Patient Care & Physician Assistance. Room patients in a timely fashion, complete patient work-up, obtain vital signs, assist physicians with procedures; manage physician orders and complete appropriate forms/requests; report issues to a licensed staff member when necessary
- Maintenance. Ensure treatment rooms are stocked as needed; update and maintain patients’ e-record
- Compliance. Adhere to required department and system protocols, HIPAA regulations and local, state and federal requirements
- Compliance. Adhere to required department and system protocols, regulations (local, state, federal) and education requirements
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
Pay Range $16.75 - $18.50
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.