Manager, Clinical Trials Support
The Manager, Clinical Trials Support manages daily departmental activities, employee performance and department scheduling. The Manager has diverse responsibilities in areas of leading people, quality and compliance, metric tracking, and process improvement. The Manager will provide superior customer service by modeling our Mission, Vision, and Values.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester Technology Park
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Trials
- Strong demonstrated ability to manage and lead people
- Strong demonstrated skills in metric tracking and performance management
- Bachelor's degree required. Health care or scientific concentration preferred
- Minimum of 5 years clinical research experience required
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience required
- Leading People. Compile, analyze and distribute daily, weekly and monthly operational metrics; monitor performance of team members globally. Manage recruiting, hiring, training and performance evaluation of employees, and discusses and documents promptly any personnel issues with the department. Prepare monthly calendar including the daily task assignments and on call schedule rotation. Perform personnel actions including documenting employee hours and authorizes time sheets.
- Process Improvement. Lead initiatives to identify, develop requirements for, and adopt information systems improvements. Act as IT Subject Matter Expert for Clinical Trials Support operations. Complete special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results. Develop new policies and procedures, ensuring compliance among team members. Create and deliver training globally.
- Study Support. Manage incoming study support and setup tasks, reporting, action items, data reconciliations, and incoming requests, and delegate work across team. Lead departmental quality efforts, investigate client issues, recommend and implement process improvements. Identify and champion opportunities to improve service to customers. Monitor Task Tracker progress and aging, and allocate resources as indicated. Recognize the need for and assume bench work responsibilities to meet critical client deliverables. Provide departmental historical reference by developing and utilizing information filing and retrieval systems. Represent the Clinical Trials Support department in strategic meetings with Managers, Directors and Project Management Team members on a regular basis.