Manager - Hospice & Palliative Care
The Team Manager is responsible for the overall direction and supervision of clinical staff including community health nurses (CHNs), registered nurses and LPN’s (for nursing), physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, physical therapy assistants, and certified occupational therapy assistants (for rehab) in the delivery of direct clinical services to designated Lifetime Care patients. This responsibility includes participation in the recruitment, training and orientation of new staff in the performance of their duties. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that multidisciplinary patient care is delivered in an effective, efficient manner.
LOCATION: Rochester, NY
DEPARTMENT: Home Care
SCHEDULE: As Scheduled
- A valid New York State Nursing, Social Work, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Speech Therapy license is required, along with a Bachelors degree from an accredited school
- At least 2 year’s experience as a professional home visitor in a certified home health agency or equivalent professional experience in a related capacity.
- An AAS in nursing with at least 3 years of Community Health Nursing experience will be considered. A Master’s Degree in Community Health Nursing is preferred.
- Working knowledge of community health nursing practices and resources is required.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Must have ability to travel.
- Compassionate, independent ,and patient focused
- Comprehensive decisive judgment and professional behavior
- Plan Development. Works with other Administrative staff to develop appropriate plans for company operations.
- Support. Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services and administrative practices of the agency.
- Policy Review. Participates in review and revision of existing policies for continued accuracy and appropriateness.