Manager of Inpatient Coding
The Coding Manager plans, assigns and directs coding workflow and provides direct supervision of coding team members. Monitors & manages coding related AR to meet established goals.STATUS: Full-timeLOCATION: Riedman CampusDEPARTMENT: Health Information Management - CodingSCHEDULE: M-F, days
- AAS in Health Information Technology or related field required
- RHIA or RHIT, and in good standing with AHIMA or CPC and in good standing with AAPC.
- Five years of progressive hospital coding experience, ideally extensive knowledge and experience with ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT code assignment, principles and guidelines, reimbursement systems, and federal, state, and payer-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding, and billing for Inpatient & Outpatient.
- Strong communication, time management & organizational skills
- Formal training in auditing preferred
- Works collaboratively with Coding Leadership team to improve efficiency & work processes
- Works collaboratively with other departments as needed.
- Develops and implements standardized, hospital-wide coding guidelines and documentation requirements.
- Provides education & guidance to coding team as related to coding related policies, guidelines & procedures.
- Maintains updated policies, procedures & guidelines related to coding
- Recruits, hires, orients , trains & evaluates team member performance including disciplinary action
- Provide assistance to the HIM Coding Director as needed and provide support in their absence.
- Develops productivity measures, monitors productivity and provides on-going feedback to team members