Medical Assistant - Northeast Health - TWIG
As a Medical Assistant, you are a non-licensed health care provider who, under the direction and supervision of a licensed health care provider, delivers direct and indirect patient care. You play an integral role in maintaining patient well-being, and contribute to the success of patients, physicians and licensed health care providers.
LOCATION: 1455 East Ridge Road, Riedman Health Center
Rochester, NY 14621
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, Days
- Medical Assistant Certification or medical assistant experience preferred
- Strong customer service, computer, and communication skills
- Bilingual preferred
- Patient Care & Physician Assistance.Room patients in a timely fashion, complete patient work-up, obtain vital signs, assist physicians with procedures; manage physician orders and complete appropriate forms/requests; report issues to a licensed staff member when necessary
- Maintenance.Ensure treatment rooms are stocked as needed; update and maintain patients’ e-record
- Compliance.Adhere to required department and system protocols, HIPAA regulations and local, state and federal requirements
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA); LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)