Medical Laboratory Technician - Nights
The Medical Laboratory Technician performs precise specimen analysis and reports results accurately following established procedures. Recognizes deviation from expected results, analyzes and corrects problems using scientific principles.
LOCATION:Rochester Regional Laboratories
- Excellent communication and evaluation skills
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail
- NYS License as Clinical Laboratory Technician required
- Analysis & Reporting. Perform precise specimen analysis and report results accurately, following established procedures; recognize deviation from expected results, analyze and correct problems using scientific principles; complete QC Action Logs, preventative maintenance logs and pending lists daily
- Training & Development. Assist with training new personnel on responsibilities in the laboratory; evaluate progress of training; make recommendations for training methods and content
- Evaluation. Continuously assess work processes and make suggestions for improved work methods and ways to increase efficiency, reduce costs and solve operational problems; monitor departmental reagent inventories
- AAS/Medical Laboratory Technician or AAS in a related Science and/or equivalent relevant experience as recognized by New York State Department of Education for certification as a Clinical Laboratory Technician. (NYS Dept of Education, Education Law, Title 8, Article 165, sub-parts 79-15; 9/23/8).
- Previous experience in a Clinical or Pathology Laboratory a benefit, but not required.
- New York State Department of Education License or Limited Permit as a Clinical Laboratory Technician.
- Certification by ASCP preferred, but not required