Medical Laboratory Technician
The Medical Laboratory Technician performs precise specimen analysis and reports results accurately following established procedures. Recognizes deviation from expected results, analyzes and corrects problems using scientific principles.
LOCATION:Rochester Regional Laboratories
- Excellent communication and evaluation skills
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail
- NYS License as Clinical Laboratory Technician required
- Analysis & Reporting. Perform precise specimen analysis and report results accurately, following established procedures; recognize deviation from expected results, analyze and correct problems using scientific principles; complete QC Action Logs, preventative maintenance logs and pending lists daily
- Training & Development. Assist with training new personnel on responsibilities in the laboratory; evaluate progress of training; make recommendations for training methods and content
- Evaluation. Continuously assess work processes and make suggestions for improved work methods and ways to increase efficiency, reduce costs and solve operational problems; monitor departmental reagent inventories
- AAS/Medical Laboratory Technician or AAS in a related Science and/or equivalent relevant experience as recognized by New York State Department of Education for certification as a Clinical Laboratory Technician. (NYS Dept of Education, Education Law, Title 8, Article 165, sub-parts 79-15; 9/23/8).
- Previous experience in a Clinical or Pathology Laboratory a benefit, but not required.
- New York State Department of Education License or Limited Permit as a Clinical Laboratory Technician.
- Certification by ASCP preferred, but not required