The Laboratory Assistant supports the success of ACM Global Laboratories' Core Lab that includes Hematology, Chemistry and Flow Cytometry. Acting as the right hand to the Medical Technologists, the Lab Assistant supports the team by ensuring inventory management, sample management and documentation & communications within the department. A successful hire can think quickly on their feet and is ready to be part of an energetic team dedicated to ensuring high quality test results.
STATUS: Full Time
SCHEDULE: Monday -Friday
LOCATION: 160 Elmgrove Park, Rochester, NY
- Experience in a clinical diagnostic laboratory preferred.
- 1 year in a clinical laboratory or specimen processing position preferred.
- Inventory Management Manage weekly inventory monitoring, complete purchase requests & obtain approvals, and restocking supplies.
- Sample Management Partner with Specimen Processing to sweep for samples ready for testing and deliver to the appropriate testing area; centrifuge coag & aliquot samples as necessary.
- Documentation & Communication Manage filing for CTs, CAPs and end of month reporting/logs. Answer phones, call criticals, pending logs.