Senior Medical Technologist (SIGN-ON BONUS UP TO $10,000*)
As a Senior Medical Technologist, your strong procedural experience, attention to detail and developed leadership abilities greatly assist you in accurately performing clinical laboratory analysis and examination, leading to high quality diagnostic services.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
- Six (6) or more years of experience as a medical technologist
- Previous experience in a laboratory supervisory or leadership position preferred
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Lab Management. Perform specialized and complex diagnostic procedures; accurately prepare reagents and maintain proper inventory of laboratory section supplies; interpret and correlate clinical test results with patient history, diagnosis and clinical condition in order to explain test results; communicate stat and critical lab results; perform quality control, routine and advanced maintenance and instrument troubleshooting
- Technical Knowledge. Maintain knowledge of required computer functions associated with testing and to assist in completing testing and workflow management; may conduct research and development of new or updated technologies and provide written evaluation to supervisor
- Leadership. Assist in training new and existing employees on new procedures and instrumentation; act as a technical consultant to technologists, technicians and/or students rotating through their area; teach in the School of Medical Technology and Lab rotations as needed
*Sign-on bonus up to $10,000 for Medical Technologists with 2 or more years of experience.