The primary role of a Mobile Phlebotomist is to represent our Home Draw department by going to patient's homes and other facilities to execute venipuncture procedure for the procurement of blood specimens
STATUS: Full Time and Pier Diem
DEPARTMENT: Home Draw - Phlebotomy
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Basic keyboard/data entry skills required
- Required to accept assignments to multiple nursing homes and patients private homes on a daily basis. May be asked on occasion to temporarily accept Float Tech assignments.
- Must be available for on call and weekend responsibilities.
- Minimum of one (1) year Phlebotomy experience required. Certificate from a School of Phlebotomy with documented clinical experience preferred
- Representing our Home Draw Program by going to patient's homes and other facilities to perform physician-ordered tests
- Using the Laboratory Information System to enter patient demographics (including confirming identity of patients), billing information, client information, orders for tests and appropriate comments essential to ensure complete procurement, processing, testing, reporting of results, compliance and billing.
- Executing venipuncture procedure including heel stick and finger stick techniques according to physician orders and applicable to regulations, policies and procedures to ensure complete and accurate specimens for testing