New Graduate Nurse - Explore Nursing Program - Rochester General Hospital
Rochester, New York
At Rochester Regional Health, we know that delivering the best care means empowering nurses throughout every stage of their career. With that in mind, we’ve created a unique environment that fosters professional development and personal growth through tuition assistance, competitive pay, benefits, and an accredited Nurse Residency program. It’s our way of investing in those who care.
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you’re the engine and the heart of patient care at Rochester Regional Health. You make a positive difference every single day in the lives of our patients, their family members and visitors – going above and beyond to meet their needs with courtesy, kindness, respect and compassion.
Accepting applications for May 2020 New Graduate Nurses!
Rochester Regional Health offers a unique program to New Graduate Nurses that allows new nurses to rotate between three separate units over the course of their first five months of nursing. This program gives new graduates opportunity to learn more about the areas of nursing that interest them and further develop their skills and knowledge learned in nursing school.
How EXPLORE Nursing Program works:
- Complete three (3) rotations within various units for five (5) months
- Each rotation, you will work alongside an experienced nurse preceptor
- Participate in a weekly discussions and educational meetings
- Take part in a one (1) day shadowing events to explore units of interest
STATUS: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Various Departments
SCHEDULE: Day/Evening/Night - Every other weekend/holiday
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Patient Care & Service. Promote and restore patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; performing various treatment procedures; providing physical, educational and emotional support to patients, friends and families; supervising assigned team members
- Planning & Communication. Develop and document individualized care plans customized for each patient’s unique needs, with support from the interdisciplinary health team as needed; maintain effective communication to convey patient health status, treatment plans and progress
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) Management. Demonstrate proficient use of an EHR – including accurate patient and provider documentation and communication
- Compliance. Adhere to required department and system protocols, regulations (local, state, federal) and education requirements
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranEDUCATION AS: Nursing (Required)
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA); RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Helping you grow
Discover all the ways Rochester Regional Health supports your professional development and personal growth.
Accredited RN RESIDENCY Program
Our accredited all-inclusive Nurse Residency Program is specifically designed to provide mentorship and training to newly licensed nurses as they transition into clinical practice.
Rapid Pay Increases
Receive rapid pay increases every six months during the first two years of employment, and annual increases thereafter.
As a full-time employee, you can receive low or no cost tuition to advance your nursing degree.
Assistance rates are:
- ASN to BSN: $4,000
- BSN to MSN: $10,000
Starting in the Excel nursing intern program allowed me to get real world experience while in nursing school. Transitioning from a new grad to a practicing nurse was seamless with RRH’s step-by-step process where each nurse can feel comfortable being in school and moving up within the system.Owen Williams, RN, BSN
I first started working with Rochester Regional Health as an Excel Intern while in nursing school. In just 3 years, I feel that my RRH team has encouraged and supported me to accomplish so many of my career goals. They have been there every step of the way with my professional growth, and it truly makes me feel like part of a family.Sarena St. Louis, RN, BSN
Rochester Regional Health has been very supportive and inviting of any opportunities that I’ve wanted to explore. The opportunities for growth are truly unlimited. As the chair of the Clinical Ladder Committee, I’ve seen first-hand how many nurses take advantage of this and explore opportunities for their own growth and advancement.Kaitlin Costello, RN, BSN, CEN, TCRN Clinical Nurse Leader
Find Your Way
Rochester Regional Health makes finding the career path that is right for you our top priority.
Learn more about the programs we have developed to help you build a successful and fulfilling nursing career.
Rochester Regional Health nurses are automatically enrolled in our fully accredited 12-month Nurse Residency program, allowing you to learn alongside knowledgeable professionals and while taking one of two paths:
Paid Training Program
- Excel Nursing Program
- Explore Nursing Program
- New Graduate Nursing Fellowships
Bedside on Expansive Specialty Units
- Acute Medicine
- Critical Care
Following your residency and with the guidance of our skilled leadership team, you will have the opportunity to select the career path that interests you, including these common paths:
Become a specialist within the expansive specialty unit that you are most passionate about, including:
- Acute Medicine
- Critical Care
Yisel Ruiz, R.N I EXPLORE Nursing Program
Help others broaden their skills and proficiencies as a:
- Clinical Resource Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Nurse Educator
Cindy Ruisi, RN, BSN Clinical Nurse Leader,
Lead the way for other nurses with positions that include:
- Charge Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Nurse Manager
- Nurse Director
- Associate CNO
Shannon White, MS, RN, FNP-C Associate Chief Nursing Officer,
Take care of every person at every level by joining departments that require your expertise including:
- Call Center
- Care Management
- Clinical Informatics
- Infection Prevention
- Nurse Recruitment (HR)
- Patient Safety & Quality
- Performance Improvement
- Utilization Review