Nurse Practitioner - Emergency Medicine
As an Emergency Medicine Nurse Practitioner with Rochester Regional Health, you are shaping the future of healthcare in central and western New York and making the lives of our patients better; easier and healthier. Join us and be part of a health system that truly improves the lives of individual and communities. Take the opportunity to do something remarkable every single day.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Emergency Department (Adult)
SCHEDULE: Rotating shifts and weekends
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Patient Satisfaction. Interacts on a frequent, regular and daily basis with patients, family members, medical/social/public services support, regulatory agencies and/or payor agencies. Interaction and communication requires expressed empathy, understanding, problem-solving, education, information gathering, process influencing and counseling.
- Medication & Orders. Prescribes drugs, devices and immunizing agents according to policy and practice agreement.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED); NP - Nurse Practitioner Certification - New York State Education Department (NYSED)