Nurse Practitioner - Hospitalist (Unity Hospital)
As a Nurse Practitioner, your superior interpersonal and empathetic skills, as well as your comprehension of diagnostic procedures greatly assists you in providing medical services to patients.
LOCATION: Unity Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Inpatient Medicine
SCHEDULE: 12 Hour Shifts
- Inpatient hospital medicine experience is preferred
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Compassionate, kind and patient focused
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Diagnosis. Assess and diagnose acute illnesses and minor injuries; perform physicals and implement treatment plan; monitor response for acute and chronic medical conditions; select and order appropriate diagnostic and health maintenance procedures
- Treatment. Prescribe medication, perform minor procedures and coordinate treatment; provide health education and guidance regarding treatment; communicate with, and counsel family members; recommend community resources and refer patients to collaborating physician or specialist
- Administrative Assistance. Perform administrative responsibilities such as updating patient charts, billing codes and completing required documents from outside agencies
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED); NP - Nurse Practitioner Certification - New York State Education Department (NYSED)