Nurse Practitioner - Unity Geriatrics
As a Nurse Practitioner, you improve the lives of patients by providing continual and restorative medical care while maintaining a warm, empathetic demeanor and commitment to patient satisfaction.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Unity Geriatrics (Greece)
DEPARTMENT: Long Term Care - Geriatrics
SCHEDULE: Days, Monday-Friday
- Compassionate, kind and patient focused
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and superior customer service
- Willingness to also work in assisted living facilities and partake in home visits
- At least one (1) year of experience highly preferred
- Patient Care. Address acute illness and injury; make diagnoses, perform medical histories and physical examinations; order and interpret diagnostic studies, prescribe medications, write orders, make entries in medical records and monitor effects of treatments; perform minor procedures and annual screening; review and update medical records
- Administrative Assistance. Complete insurance and medical discharge documentation; provide guidance to ancillary personnel and counsel family members; prepare daily billing sheets and complete chart entries on patient interactions
- Safety. Utilize infection control equipment and safety guidelines to minimize or prevent exposure to communicable diseases, potentially infectious body fluids and risk regarding prescribed patient treatment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NP - Nurse Practitioner Certification - New York State Education Department (NYSED); RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)