Orthopedics - Chair, Rochester General Hospital
The health system Chairs at RRH have significant leadership responsibilities over both departmental functions and clinical service line development. This multifaceted role is vital to the successful system application of peer review, credentialing, education, etc. These and other departmental functions facilitate and protect high standards of practice throughout the many health system affiliates. Applying effective leadership in this domain requires close partnerships that cross departmental boundaries such as partnerships with affiliate, operational, nursing, finance and other leaders.
The Department Chair is a member of the RRH Senior Leadership Team with broad responsibilities to lead the strategic, clinical and operational activities of his/her department within the context of the RRH goals & priorities. The Chair works with a diverse group of key stakeholders, including system administrative and physician leaders to expand, improve and strengthen the department operations, functions, programs and integrated clinics/practice settings across the health system. The Chair is responsible to set standards and expectations of departmental quality, patient safety and other important outcomes. The Chair ensures that all departmental and clinical service line activities are compliant with regulatory and accreditation standards. Additionally, the Chair exemplifies emotional maturity in his/her behavior and holds all departmental members to the same standard.
- Physician, M.D., D.O., D.D.S., D.M.D.
- Licensed in NYS and practicing
- Practice medicine at least 20% of time
- Board Certified in Orthopedics
- High level of organizational skills to manage projects, timetables, and implementations
- High level of collaboration, team building and inter-disciplinary skills needed to accomplish complex activities
- Advanced interpersonal skills to develop effective teams and manage, direct and coordinate team activities
- Ability to influence, negotiate and motivate collaborators
- Must be able to positively communicate and work with professionals at all levels of the organization with specific expertise in Orthopedic services and programs
- Proven leadership, program development, and facilitation skills
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran