As a Patient Transporter, you transfer patients to various departments throughout the hospital, affiliated facilities and offsite locations. Patients rely on you to safely and comfortably transition them to various locations.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Hudson Avenue
SCHEDULE: Day shift
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Handle patients with care and caution
- Transportation & Patient Care. Transport patients via chair mobile, ambulance bed, stretched and wheelchair to necessary locations; inspect transport vehicle for safety prior to use; clean transport vehicles as assigned; ensure patients are properly clothed and covered; maintain patient confidentiality
- Medication Management. Secure transport of non-controlled medications from pharmacy to unit and from unit-to-unit when transferring patients
- Documentation. Provide appropriate documentation for episodic handoffs, sign in/sign out sheets, etc.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS H - Heavy Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires constant walking, standing or squatting.