You will be responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing the set-up and operation of the heart-lung machine and related equipment for our open heart surgical patients.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
- Must be either a graduate of an accredited school of nursing or perfusion
- Strong analytical, computer and communication skills
- Operate heart lung machine and keep surgeon informed of patients status
- Maintain sterile technique during use of all equipment
- Interpret data and take appropriate action to correct abnormal values
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and/or perfusion required.
- Three to five years of experience in perfusion preferred.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED); CLT - Clinical Laboratory Technologist - New York State Education Department (NYSED); LPe - Licensed Perfusionist - New York State Education Department (NYSED)