Physical Therapist - Monroe County
As a Physical Therapist, you provide PT to patients with care and compassion to ensure rehabilitation success.
LOCATION: Lifetime Care - Monroe County
DEPARTMENT: Northwest Rehab Team
SCHEDULE: M-F Days
- BS, MS or DPT degree from an accredited Physical Therapy school with current NYS licensure.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in an acute care facility and/or an acute intermediate rehabilitation facility.
- Patient focused, with demonstrated care and compassion
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills
- Patient Evaluation. Assess patient impairment and current condition to evaluate rehabilitation potential; report on patient progress, communicate effectively with physician and other team members; counsel patient and family according to degree of disability or impairment
- Treatment & Planning. Develop physical therapy treatment project for each patient, including training in functional mobility, use of assistive devices, therapeutic exercise, balance and coordination retraining, massage, heat and cryotherapy; apply diagnostic and progressive functionality tests
Collaboration: Work professionally in an interdisciplinary environment. Coordinate care planning with others as needed.
- Documentation. Accurately and completely document client care; document and implement physician orders per D.O.H. and program standards
- Compliance. Adhere to required department and system protocols, regulations (local, state, federal) and education requirements
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA); PT - Physical Therapist - New York State Education Department (NYSED)