Physician Assistant - Canandaigua Orthopedic Associates
The Department of Orthopedics at Rochester Regional Health is seeking an additional physician assistant to join our growing, collaborative orthopedic provider team. Our physician assistants are an integral part of our orthopedic team and in this position you will provide comprehensive patient care in the clinic setting
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Canandaigua Orthopedic Associates
SCHEDULE: Days (Monday-Friday)
- Able to interact with patients in such a way as to instill confidence and ease of communication
- Deeply concerned for the health and well-being of others
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have proven ability to work in a team environment
- Experience is highly preferred
- Patient Care
- Perform a complete history and problem-focused examination; establishing a working diagnosis of non-operative and operative orthopedic conditions.
- Interpret x-rays and other diagnostic studies. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures
- Develop treatment plans to provide optimal patient medical management; orders consultations and interacts with members of other specialty medical teams
- Provide in-office treatments such as joint injections.
- Reviews incoming phone messages and laboratory values and acts in a manner appropriate to clinic policy and standard of care for each case.
- Patient Satisfaction. Coordinates and communicates all aspects of patient care to patient, family, and health care team. Educates and encourages patients to become active participants in their own healthcare-related behavior and provides patient education materials related to diagnosis, treatment plans, and need for follow-up care, for use in encouraging wellness.
- Documentation.Thoroughly and concisely documents in the patient's medical record all patient contact encounters, progress notes, orders, prescriptions, test results, and patient instructions according to standard medical practice guidelines and to support appropriate billing practices.
- Quality and Education.Actively contributes to quality reporting metrics and participates in Grand Rounds, APP Council Meetings, unit meetings and M&M presentations. Demonstrates professional practice behavior including preceptor/mentoring, education and instruction of students, nursing staff, nurses, graduate and novice physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RPA - Registered Physician Assistant - New York State Education Department (NYSED); PA-C - Certified Physician Assistant - National Committee on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)