Physician Assistant (Experienced) - Emergency Medicine - Per Diem
Provide medical care and perform selective medical services to patients in a variety of settings in collaboration with other health care professionals when required.
STATUS: Per Diem
LOCATION: Unity Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Emergency Department
SCHEDULE: One weekend/month; any shift including nights
- Experience in emergency medicine is required
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Patient Satisfaction. Interacts on a frequent, regular and daily basis with patients, family members, medical/social/public services support, regulatory agencies and/or payor agencies. Interaction and communication requires expressed empathy, understanding, problem-solving, education, information gathering, process influencing and counseling.
- Medication & Orders. Prescribes drugs, devices and immunizing agents according to policy and practice agreement.
- Collaboration. Performs therapeutic and corrective measures within area of expertise in collaboration with other health team members.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS PA-C - Certified Physician Assistant - National Committee on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)