Physician Assistant - Internal Medicine at Linden Oaks (part time)
As a Physician Assistant, your superior interpersonal and empathetic skills, as well as your comprehension of diagnostic procedures greatly assists in managing and delivering quality treatment plans.
STATUS: Part Time (24 hours)
DEPARTMENT: Primary Care - Internal Medicine
SCHEDULE: Days; Monday-Fridays
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Primary Care experience is highly preferred
- Patient Care.Take complex medical histories on patients referred for consultation by academic and community physicians; perform physical examinations; order laboratory tests, x-rays, special imaging studies and other diagnostic procedures;
- Management & Development.reach tentative diagnosis of medical, surgical and other conditions; develop treatment plans in conjunction with attending physician to provide optimal patient medical management; order consultations and interact with members of other specialty medical teams; assist in the collection of data for research projects
- Patient Satisfaction.Interacts on a frequent, regular and daily basis with patients, family members,medical/social/publicservices support, regulatory agencies and/or payor agencies. Interaction and communication requires expressed empathy, understanding, problem-solving, education, information gathering, process influencing and counseling.
- Medication & Orders.Prescribe medication, write orders, perform procedures and respond to emergency and/or immediate condition changes of acute patients.
- Documentation.Obtain complete, detailed and accurate patient histories, review patient records, perform physical exams, record all pertinent data to develop comprehensive medical status, diagnosis and clinical treatment plan for all assigned patients.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RPA - Registered Physician Assistant - New York State Education Department (NYSED); PA-C - Certified Physician Assistant - National Committee on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)