Physician - Transfusion Medicine Pathologist
Rochester Regional Health, located in Rochester, New York is seeking a Pathologist to serve as a second Transfusion Medicine physician at Rochester General Hospital. Candidates must be board certified in Clinical Pathology or Anatomic & Clinical Pathology (preferred), fellowship trained in Transfusion Medicine and either board certified or board eligible for subspecialty certification in Transfusion Medicine. Candidates should have training in apheresis, stem cell processing, bone marrow transplant and cellular therapies programs. This is a unique career opportunity to partner with a more experienced transfusion medicine colleague to support development of new Acute Leukemia & Stem Cell Transplant and Cellular Therapy Programs, including a stem cell processing lab.
- Join a multispecialty group of twenty-five experienced Rochester Regional Health (RRH) Rochester-based pathologists, including four hematopathologists, committed to diagnostic excellence, teamwork and clinical collaboration
- Collaborate with Lipson Cancer Institute Hematology-Oncology colleagues, including close collaboration with an experienced Acute Leukemia & Stem Cell Transplant and Cellular Therapy Programs Medical Director
- Consult as a Transfusion Medicine subject matter expert for the six Rochester Regional Health hospitals in Western New York and three St. Lawrence Health System hospitals in the North Country, including a regional cardiothoracic surgery and destination LVAD program at Rochester General Hospital, the Mary M Gooley Hemophilia Center and our regional Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program, accredited by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer
- Serve as an Instructor for Hematology-Oncology fellows, other fellows, residents, medical students and college students in the RGH Clinical Laboratory Technology Program, the 2nd oldest NAACLS accredited medical technologist training program in the United States
- Participate in global clinical trials opportunities in collaboration with our affiliate, ACM Global Laboratories
Rochester Regional Health is an integrated health services organization serving the people of Western New York, the Finger Lakes and beyond. The system provides care from 150 locations, including nine hospitals; more than 100 primary and specialty practices, rehabilitation centers and ambulatory campuses; innovative senior services, facilities and independent housing; a wide range of behavioral health services; and ACM Medical Laboratory, a global leader in patient and clinical trials.
The Rochester region's suburbs feature excellent public and private schools, and a variety of housing options. The Rochester region offers diverse cultural and recreational opportunities year-round, including the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, GeVa Theater Center, Rochester International Jazz Festival, as well as easy access to Manhattan, Boston, Washington, DC and Philadelphia, the Adirondacks and the Finger Lakes.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS L - Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly; requires occasional walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Physician - New York State Education Department (NYSED)