PM&R Associate Residency Program Director
The Associate Program Director will work closely with the Program Director to establish the strategic direction of the program and will share responsibility for maintaining the standards, quality and reputation of the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Program. The Associate Program Director will demonstrate commitment to medical education and to developing clinical expertise in future PMR practitioners. Key Responsibilities for the Associate Program Director:
- Assist with creating, preparing and implementing a comprehensive, effective, and well-organized educational curriculum
- Ensure the administration of high quality didactic and clinical education in cooperation with the Program Director and Program Coordinator.
- Facilitate and manage external training and educational experiences
- Assist with program faculty development, particularly focused on scholarly activity, educational expertise and resident assessment in the context of the Milestones
- Work with the Program Director and Program Coordinator for the annual recruitment and selection of program candidates through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Ensure compliance with both the Institutional and ACGME stated requirements and expectations
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures consistent with the institutional and program requirements (e.g., resident clinical and educational work hours, clinical work environment, etc.)
- Organize/Participate in regular evaluation of the program’s residents and faculty in relation to the educational objectives of the program and the ACGME’s milestones for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Manage the assessment of the professionalism, technical competence and clinical capabilities of each resident using the Milestones as a guide
- Be well-versed on all residency educational requirements both internal and external to include residency training milestones, ACGME procedure and rotation requirements, ABPMR requirements.
- Work closely with the Program Coordinator on managing resident schedules and implementation of the didactic and clinical curriculum
- Work closely with the Program Coordinator to manage and monitor the Program Website and other social media sites relevant to the program
- Participating in departmental leadership meetings; Neurosciences and system meetings as request
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from an appropriately accredited institution.
Board eligible or certified in PM&R, successful experience in clinical or professional practice, or fellowship training in an area of specialization in PM&R. Experience working with and/or directing others (such as professionals, faculty members, residents/students, etc.) in clinical or educational activities in the field. Demonstration of the ability to implement a clinical or didactic program (eg responsible for EMG, MSK, TBI, or Stroke modules; managing a resident clinical rotation) is preferred.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
Documented educational, clinical and/or administrative experience in an ACGME accredited residency/fellowship program.
- Documented scholarly activity/participation, within the past five years, in at least one of the following areas listed below:
Publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, or chapters in textbooks,
Publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at local, regional, or national professional and scientific society meetings; or
Participation in national committees or educational organizations
Membership in AAP or AAPMR
- Sign-on and Performance Bonuses
- Competitive compensation plan
- Fully paid malpractice with tail coverage
- Multiple health insurance plans
- Defined Pension Plan
- Fully Covered Relocation Services
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS L - Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly; requires occasional walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Physician - New York State Education Department (NYSED)