Recovery Specialist provides educational, clinical and supportive peer services to PROS and ACT recipients. The Recovery Specialist serves as a role model/educator/advocate for the department and assists members in obtaining recovery goals. The position requires good working knowledge of Peer Support/Self Help resources as well as Behavioral Health recovery process.
STATUS: Per Diem
DEPARTMENT: Behavioral Health
SCHEDULE: AS Scheduled
- Participates as a full member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Provides new members orientation to the PROS program.
- Facilitates individual and group peer support services
- Completes required documentation as per program guidelines.
- Implement skill building opportunities for peers.
- Facilitate monthly Consumer Advisory Council meeting (dept).
- Provide Peer Training, facilitator training.
- Establish peer support network and natural supports resources for members.
- Participates in and incorporates professional supervision and ongoing education.
- ACT Program: Provides education about self-help techniques.
- ACT Program: Teaches effective coping strategies, symptom management.
- ACT Program: Assists in the development of community support systems and networks.
- ACT Program: Participates as member of the clinical teams on-call rotation.
- Bachelors in Human Service Field, Business or related field preferred.
- One year experience in facilitating groups (WRAP, Taking Charge, Self-Help), or
- One year experience in teaching and modeling self-help groups, or
- One year Peer/Recovery Specialist – training or relevant experience of support & training.
- Working knowledge of Peer Support/Self Help resources as well as Behavioral Health recovery process.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain boundaries and to appropriately and willingness to self-disclose MH/CD experiences for purposes.
- Required Li censure / Certification Skills:
- ACT Program:
- Valid New York State Driver's License.
- Approved driving record - no major or capital violations within last 5 years.
- Completion of mandatory driver education (upon employment).
- Participation in NYS Department of Motor Vehicles License Event Notification Service (LENS) (upon employment).
- Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.