Recreation Therapist/Cottage Guide
As a Recreation Therapist, your compassion and creativity assist in keeping our community physically and mentally healthy.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Park Ridge Living Center
DEPARTMENT: Long Term Care
- 1-2 years’ experience in recreation therapy required
- Previous Recreational experience with the Aging population
- Strong oral communication skills with a focus on exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated ability of thorough documentation
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist preferred
- If travel is required, NYS Driver’s License required
- Assessments. Completes a comprehensive assessment of client’s needs, restrictions, limitations, and preferences
- Therapy. Develops and implements individual treatment programs and group Therapeutic Recreation programs
- Documentation. Documents evaluation results, individualized treatment plans, progress reports, and other reports as required by the profession and the department
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NYS DL - valid New York State Driver's License - New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (NYSDMV)