Hospice RN - Per Diem Days/Evening/Nights
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you’re the engine and the heart of patient care at Rochester Regional Health. You make a positive difference every single day in the lives of our patients, their family members and visitors – going above and beyond to meet their needs with courtesy, kindness, respect and compassion.
STATUS: Per Diem
LOCATION: Hildebrandt Hospice Center - Ridgeway Ave
DEPARTMENT: Hildebrandt Inpatient Unit
SCHEDULE: 4-5 shifts/month, 8 hr shifts. Days/Evenings/Nights
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and valid NYS registered nursing license required.
- A minimum of 1 year recent home health care agency or acute care experience preferred.
- IV/Infusion skills may be required.
- An interest in the care of the terminally ill and a desire to care for the family of the patient.
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Patient Care & Service. Promote and restore patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; performing various treatment procedures; providing physical, educational and emotional support to patients, friends and families; supervising assigned team members
- Planning & Communication. Develop and document individualized care plans customized for each patient’s unique needs, with support from the interdisciplinary health team as needed; maintain effective communication to convey patient health status, treatment plans and progress
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) Management. Demonstrate proficient use of an EHR – including accurate patient and provider documentation and communication
- Compliance. Adhere to required department and system protocols, regulations (local, state, federal) and education requirements
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA); RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)