The Research Scientist I will be tasked with oversight of research in the Division of Cancer Biology Research at the Rochester General Hospital Research Institute.
A strong background in Molecular Biology or Cancer Biology Research is preferred. Mouse models will be used in the research.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: RGH Research Institute
DEPARTMENT: Cancer Biology
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday; Days
- MD or PhD who is not self supporting of their own salary nor has their own research program
- Functions with minimal direction from Research Scientist II, Senior Research Scientist or Laboratory Director.
- Strong analytical, computer, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Conducts research projects including complex experiments, some in parallel, utilizing current concepts and recognized standard techniques, developing new protocols as necessary
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative in performing experiments, analyzing data and drawing conclusions regarding progress and results of work.
- Maintains a familiarity with current and emerging technologies through reading and understanding scientific and technical literature resulting in a broadening understanding of disciplines outside area of training and enabling the use of new and improved procedures in the laboratory.
- Duties are performed with an understanding of drug discovery in area of specialization.