Respiratory Therapist - Critical Care
Rochester Regional Health is an integrated health services organization serving the people of Western New York, the Finger Lakes, St. Lawrence County, and beyond. The system includes nine hospitals; primary and specialty practices, rehabilitation centers, ambulatory campuses and immediate care facilities
Our new 7-story, 312,000-square-foot critical care center located at Rochester General Hospital is a bold and visionary innovation with breakthrough technology and equipment. The critical care center will feature a brand new surgical care center, a women's health and newborn care, as well as 36 private patient rooms per floor for our medical, surgical, and oncology departments.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist, your knowledge, strong attention to detail, compassion and analytical capabilities ensure meaningful, personalized care for each respiratory patient.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Sands-Constellation Center for Critical Care (RGH)
SCHEDULE: Day/Evening/Night; 12hr shifts
Sign-On Bonus of $10K, Relocation Assistance and Certification Pay Program Available!
- Recent acute care experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional customer service
- Patient Care. Review and evaluate history, physical exams, current vital signs, admission and current respiratory care orders for each patient; advise providers on appropriate respiratory care procedure and techniques
- Planning & Documentation. Initiate and update respiratory care plan for all patients per department policy and procedure; work collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to implement the plan of care; monitor and document all pertinent clinical parameters and assessments on all assigned patients; modify treatment techniques based on patient response
- Education & Communication. Provide and document patient education for therapeutic procedures performed; communicate information regarding patient's clinical status to appropriate members of healthcare team; participate in the instruction and orientation of Respiratory Care team members, students and other allied health professional
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RT - Respiratory Therapist - New York State Education Department (NYSED); ACLS - Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA); RRT - Registered Respiratory Therapist - The National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)