Respiratory Therapist - Lead (Part Time)
Provides daily guidance and assistance to staff assigned to clinical areas including assigning tasks and providing training, monitoring and adjusting staffing levels, insuring adequate equipment and supplies for assigned areas, and problem solving as necessary.
STATUS: Part Time (24 Hours)
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Respiratory Care Services
SCHEDULE: Day/Night Rotation, Every Other Weekend & Holiday
- Associate’s degree in Respiratory Care or equivalent is required
- Five years previous clinical experience in Respiratory Care
- Bachelor’s degree in respiratory therapy or science related field is preferred
- For lead therapists in a specific clinical area, Specialty Credential including but not limited to RRT-NPS, RRT-ACCS, FCCS, AE-C, CPFT, RPFT is preferred
- Performs all duties of the charge therapist if assigned, including leading shift huddle, insuring adequate equipment and supplies, monitoring and adjusting staffing levels, problem solving and trouble shooting, assisting other staff, and documentation of all department activities during the assigned shift.
- Identifies problem situations or issues in patient care. Analyzes, interprets, advises, and consults with staff and other health care professionals to provide high quality care.
- Interprets and modifies the system of patient care delivered by evaluating and reviewing standard practices and initiating new procedures.
- Provides consultation and guidance to all levels of the respiratory care and nursing staff.
- Advises staff in the establishment of maintenance of records of treatments given and the related progress of each patient for the purpose of analyzing patterns, synthesizing actions, and evaluating patient care plans.
- Resolves unusual or unique patient care problems or situations which require analytical, interpretative, and constructive thinking.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals to identify relevant clinical problems and conducts research to bring about resolution
- Evaluates research literature and own research findings for implementation and incorporation, as appropriate, into patient care activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS RT - Respiratory Therapist - New York State Education Department (NYSED); RRT - Registered Respiratory Therapist - The National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)