As a Security Officer, you protect the facility, grounds and building to preserve peace and keep employees and patients safe.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Unity Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Safety & Security
SCHEDULE: Evenings & Overnights available
- At least 1 year of security or public safety work required
- Demonstrated professionalism
- Ability to think quickly and make decisive judgments
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Protection & Protocol. Provide protection and safety to patients, visitors, employees and physical property at all times; monitor psychiatric patients as directed by medical staff; open and secure doors per department schedules for authorized personnel; respond to emergency situations in unsafe conditions
- Patrol & Monitor. Answer telephones, monitor various radios and CCTVs; conduct random patrols of facilities and parking lots; control and monitor access at fixed posts
- Documentation. Submit accurate and complete reports that document events, incidents and situations encountered; properly secure and accurately document the intake of property, valuables and cash
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NYS DL - valid New York State Driver's License - New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (NYSDMV); SO - Security Officer license - New York State Department of State Division of Licensing Services (DOLS)