As a Security Officer, you patrol and protect the facility, grounds and building to preserve the peace and make employees feel safe and secure.
STATUS: Full Time & Part Time
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Safety & Security
- New York State Security Guard license is required
- One year of guard or public safety experience required
- Demonstrated professionalism
- Ability to think quickly and make decisive judgments
- Ability to remain calm in high stress situations
- Investigation & Safety. Investigate cases of detected or reported criminal and safety matters; identify and report real or potential hazards in the environment; transfer and discharge patients as requested
- Parking Management. Monitor and control hospital employee and visitor parking areas
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS SO - Security Officer license - New York State Department of State Division of Licensing Services (DOLS); NYS DL - valid New York State Driver's License - New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (NYSDMV)