Social Worker II - HC
This position is responsible for the delivery of social work services to identified home care clients. The Social Worker provides support and counseling to referred clients and facilitates financial and long-term care planning, as needed. The Social Worker is responsible for communicating with health care team and documenting all care activities.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Lifetime Care - Winton Rd
DEPARTMENT: Social Work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work with a minimum of five years of direct Social Work experience
- Home visiting experience strongly preferred.
- Proven psycho social assessment skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Ability to stay organized and flexible important. Possession of a valid NYS driver’s license and own car required.
- Requires pre-employment physical exam as required by NYS Dept. of Health.
- Demonstrates strong communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills are necessary. Experience with documentation in an electronic medical record
- With training provided, must demonstrate the ability to learn and utilize new systems, computer applications and operating environments as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and caseload autonomously.
- On Call may be required.
- Interprets to the home health team the social factors in the patient situation that may have bearing on his/her progress.
- Helps patient and family understand and accept the illness and to anticipate its accompanying adjustments.
- Coordinates resources to alleviate the financial impact of illness and assists patient and family in planning for payment of medical care.
- Determines the need for continued social work service and draws upon other community agencies that can further assist the patient and family.
- If necessary, assists with alternative planning for patients using appropriate community resources.
- Assist with discharge planning from Lifetime Care program(s).
- Serves as liaison with social work departments and other health and social agencies in the community.
- Keeps social work staff informed of community and agency issues.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.