Social Worker II-HC
This position is responsible for the delivery of social work services to identified home care clients. The Social Worker will provide psychosocial support and counseling to referred clients and will facilitate financial and long-term care planning as needed. The Social Worker is responsible for communicating with health care team and documenting all care activities. The incumbent manages multifaceted complex family dynamic cases.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Lifetime Care - Winton Rd
DEPARTMENT: Social Work
- A Master’s degree in Social Work. LMSW Certification required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Social Work post-licensure.
- Proven psycho social assessment skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Ability to stay organized and flexible important. Possession of a valid NYS driver’s license and own car required.
- Requires pre-employment physical exam as required by NYS Dept. of Health.
- Demonstrates strong communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills are necessary. Experience with documentation in an electronic medical record preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and caseload autonomously.
- On Call may be required.
- Conducts psychosocial/mental health assessments related to illness of patients.
- Interprets to the home health team the social factors in the patient situation that may have bearing on his/her progress.
- Helps patient and family understand and accept the illness and to anticipate its accompanying adjustments.
- Coordinates resources to alleviate the financial impact of illness and assists patient and family in planning for payment of medical care.
- Determines the need for continued social work service and draws upon other community agencies that can further assist the patient and family.
- May assist with the orientation of new staff.
- If necessary, assists with alternative planning for patients using appropriate community resources.
- Assists with discharge planning from Lifetime Care program(s).
- Serves as liaison with social work departments and other health and social agencies in the community.
- Keeps social work staff informed of community and agency issues.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.