Speciman Processing Technician
As a Specimen Processing Tech I, your excellent management of specimens and data entry skills are crucial to prompt and accurate specimen analysis and patient care.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: ACM Global Laboratories - 160 Elmgrove Park
DEPARTMENT: Specimen Processing
SCHEDULE: Evening & Night shifts are available
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional documentation and data entry skills
- Ability to prioritize work and requests
- Data Entry. Interpret patient requisitions and enter patient information into the Laboratory Information System (LIS); receive and track patient samples in the LIS
- Specimen Management. Maintain specimen integrity for laboratory testing; log and pack Cytology and Histology specimens for delivery; expedite the preparation of priority specimens, identify Special Service requests and prioritize accordingly; distribute specimens to appropriate departments promptly
- Daily Maintenance. Participate in specimen rotation, temperature documentation, pending list analysis, etc.