Specimen Processing Technician - Elmgrove Park
As a Specimen Processing Tech, your excellent attention to detail and communications skills are crucial to prompt and accurate specimen analysis and patient care.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: 160 Elmgrove Park Rochester, NY 14624
DEPARTMENT: Specimen Processing
SCHEDULE: Monday- Friday | 5pm to 130 am and/or 6pm to 230 am**
**Must be open for either shift
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- Exceptional documentation and computer skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Laboratory Work. Prepare laboratory samples for testing; operate imaging system as appropriate; communicate with departments and physicians regarding laboratory testing, results and sample requirements; prepare specimens and paperwork accurately for transfer and testing done in other departments
- Data Entry. Enter and label laboratory samples in an accurate and timely manner; retrieve requisitions as requested; maintain a manual filing system for outpatient/inpatient requisitions
- Computer knowledge. Maintain knowledge and competency in necessary computer systems and have a working knowledge of common operating systems in many areas of the department
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.