SQL Server Database Developer - GRIPA Cognisight
The Greater Rochester Independent Practice Association (GRIPA) and Cognisight
SQL Server Database Developer
GRIPA is a nationally recognized population health organization with a robust information technology platform consisting of a private health information exchange and complex data warehouse. Using this infrastructure, GRIPA leads the population health initiatives within Rochester Regional Health. Cognisight is a significant part of GRIPA providing risk adjustment services to 77 clients spread across 41 states. With over 130 full time and contract employees, GRIPA is the largest and most successful population health organization in Western New York.
GRIPA is unique in that it was one of the first and only organizations to receive an Advanced Advisory Opinion from the Federal Trade Commission on its clinical integration program, and the work associated with this Opinion serves as the basis for GRIPA’s population health program today.
GRIPA prides itself on using data to produce actionable reports to physicians, care managers and other providers to actively manage populations to improve quality and reduce the cost of health care in the community, as well as offering a variety of high quality risk adjustment services to Medicare Advantage, Commercial Exchange, and PACE plans throughout the country. GRIPA is at the forefront of innovation using its technology platform to combine multiple clinical data sources with payer claims data and drive quality, cost savings and Rx savings initiatives.
GRIPA is a partnership between Rochester Regional Health (RRH) and the Rochester Regional Physician Organization comprised of the 1,350 employed physicians and private physicians most closely aligned with RRH.
The SQL Server Database Developer will report to the Vice President of Information Technology.
GRIPA and Cognisight are perfectly positioned to lead the way toward population health. While GRIPA focuses on managing high cost high risk members, Cognisight focuses on appropriately risk adjusting populations so that financial budgets can be established more accurately. Both are necessary for a successful population health program. Accordingly, GRIPA and Cognisight are poised to build on a solid foundation and pursue a multipronged strategy within both lines of business to achieve significant growth.
Specific Responsibilities of the SQL Server Database Developer
- Develop and maintain database-related objects in SQL Server 2005, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014
- Mostly DB Development with some DBA responsibilities
- 80% - Database design, development and monitoring
- 20% - DBA activities such as SQL backup’s maintenance, index maintenance, server migration, and database restore
- ETL development
- Troubleshooting of issues related to existing database logic
- Manage relationship with our external business partners
- Monitor daily data feeds for accuracy and timely delivery
- Optimization and performance analysis
- Creation of technical documentation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management
- Be a self-starter and work well independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable interacting with executive team members and cross-department
- Ability to quickly absorb business and technical concepts
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Data modeling experience with both relational and dimensional data models
- Solid understanding of SQL Server Database Administration activities, including configuration, security setup, backup management, monitoring, and recovery
- Experience in Healthcare IT
- Experience with patient record resolution preferably in NextGate
- Knowledge of HEDIS clinical quality measures
- Experience in SSRS
- Experience in entrepreneurial and innovative environments
- Strong ability to collaborate among various stakeholders, creating an aligned vision and efficient approach to leverage IT to solve organizational problems and challenges
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment striving for zero tolerance
- An unrelenting passion to continually improve
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- 4+ years of recent hands-on database experience with SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 or 2014
Please forward resumes to Mary Lorei (firstname.lastname@example.org)