The Supervisor, Hematology Laboratory supervises and is accountable for laboratory operations within their designated department of the Core Laboratory. The supervisor will have diverse responsibilities in areas of analysis and clinical decision making, information management, regulatory compliance, training, quality assurance/performance improvement, and departmental budget.
LOCATION: ACM Global Laboratories - 160 Elmgrove Park
- BS in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science or equivalent required.
- Total of 6 years’ experience in the specialty area required.
- New York State Department of Education Clinical Laboratory Technologist license required.
- Certification by a national certification agency preferred (i.e. ASCP, NCA, or AMT).
- Leadership. Supervises and is accountable for laboratory departmental operations. In conjunction with the Manager, Chemistry and/or Manager, Hematology/Flow Cytometry; assumes responsibility for the overall functioning of the departmental operations. Assumes essential managerial duties in the absence of the Manager, Chemistry and/or Manager, Hematology/Flow Cytometry. Communicates and enforces company policies and procedures. Monitors employee performance, including annual and semi-annual technical competency evaluations and periodic performance evaluations. Assumes responsibility for channeling appropriate daily operational information. Participates in departmental operational meetings. Recommends and implements process improvements that streamline operations both within and external to the department.
- Staffing. Ensures adequate staffing levels through efficient scheduling; documents employee hours and authorizes employee timecards. Recognizes the need for and assumes bench responsibilities when scheduled or in the case of staff shortages. Participates in hiring, transferring, disciplining and terminating employees according to existing policies. Facilitates the training of personnel in required shift duties and responsibilities.
- Quality Control. In conjunction with the Specialist, Quality Control; participates in the Quality Control and Proficiency Testing processes. Analyzes quality control data and initiates plan of correction, if necessary. Communicates QC failures and quality assurance issues with the departmental Manager and Director. Communicates with external and internal customers when presented with problems or special requests. Escalates external customer issues to the Manager or Director, when required.