HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At St. Lawrence Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- Same Day pay through Daily Pay
- Paid vacation & holiday pay
- Medical, dental, vision, hearing benefits
As a member of the professional medical team, accurately performs clinical laboratory analyses and examinations by approved department procedures on blood, urine, body fluids and tissues within a published turn around time using a variety of instruments and methods to assist in physician diagnosis and treatment. They are expected to utilize complex problem solving skills in resolving clinical and instrument problems. This position requires exercise of independent judgment, theoretical knowledge and responsibility. They are to follow all regulatory lab requirements.
Join the Massena Hospital (MH) team and be part of our mission to provide top-notch healthcare to our community! Massena Hospital is a vital part of our community, offering exceptional healthcare services in a welcoming and compassionate environment. We are an acute care facility with 25 beds, providing a wide range of medical, surgical, and pediatric care.
LOCATION: Massena Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Laboratory Services
SCHEDULE: Primarily days; 8 hour shifts
- BS in Medical Technology or BS in a related Science and/or equivalent relevant experience as recognized by New York State Department of Education for licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist. (NYS Dept of Education, Education Law, Title 8, Article 165, sub-parts 79-15; 9/23/8).
- Previous experience in a Clinical or Pathology Laboratory a benefit, but not required.
- New York State Department of Education License or Limited Permit as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist, required
- Certification by ASCP preferred, but not required
- Correctly performs testing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interprets and correlates clinical test results with patient history, diagnosis and clinical condition in order to explain test results (normal/abnormal) so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Communicates stat and critical lab results and prolonged instrument malfunctions causing delays in test results to physicians, nursing units and other appropriate medical personnel.
- Performance of QC, routine and advanced maintenance and analyte/instrument troubleshooting activities.
- Accurately prepares reagents and maintains proper inventory of laboratory section supplies with appropriate cost containment in mind.
- Maintains knowledge of required computer functions associated with ordering testing, performing testing, resulting testing and calling up various reports to assist in completing testing and the management of workflow.
- Teaches in the School of Medical Technology and Lab rotations as called upon to do so.
- Meets all regulatory lab requirements consistently.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as requested by manager.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
PAY RANGE: $26.50 - $42.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.