HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At Rochester Regional Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Relocation Assistance
- Benefits Effective Date of Hire
- Tuition & Loan Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Free On-Site Parking
The Nursing Shift Supervisor is a Nursing Leader who serves as a resource for problem solving, provides clinical expertise, facilitates staff mentoring and coaching, facilitates patient flow during the off shifts (typically, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays)
- Provides on site management of the hospital or long term care during the off shift, normally when hospital or long term care management is not on site
- Manages the delivery of patient care and manages any issues that arise
- Manages occurrences during the shift ensuring appropriate documentation
- Facilitates professional collaboration with all staff and providers
- Assists staff in clinical problem solving
- Rounds on patients and families with concerns or complaints
- Rounds on admitted patients in the Emergency Department
- Mentors and coaches staff in clinical and behavioral events
Unity Hospital is a 471-bed community hospital in the town of Greece. After a four-year total renovation in 2014, Unity is now the only Monroe County hospital to feature all private patient rooms and free parking. Unity offers a broad range of specialty centers, including the Golisano Restorative Neurology & Rehabilitation Center, the Charles J. August Joint Replacement Center, and the August Family Birth Place.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Unity Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Nursing Operations
SCHEDULE: Off Shift
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; Associate's Degree in Nursing required
- RN licensed in New York State
- Basic Life Support Certification through American Heart Association
- Decision Making: Provides on site management of the hospital or long term care during the off shift, normally when hospital or long term care management is not on site. Manages the delivery of patient care and manages any issues that arise. Manages occurrences during the shift ensuring appropriate documentation. Rounds on patients and families with concerns or complaints. Provides guidance to unit staff in all matters related to resource availability, staffing, flexing, and floating staff.
- Patient Care: Collaborates with staff to provide considerate care that respects patient’s personal values, beliefs, taking spiritual and cultural needs into account. Supports patients and families participation in making informed decisions. Reinforces Patients Rights, Collaborates with staff to assess patient’s physical, psychological, and social status needs
- Staffing: Allocates and reallocates human resources appropriately. Maintains staffing patterns. Ensures safe staffing with appropriate skill mix for all units for the current and on-coming shift; implements actions to address staffing needs for those shifts
- BS: Nursing
- AS: Nursing (Required)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
- BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA)
- RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
PAY RANGE: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.