HOW WE CARE FOR YOU:
At Rochester Regional Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
Paid Time Off & Holidays
Benefits Effective Date of Hire
Tuition Assistance & Student Loan Forgiveness
Employee Referral Program
Employee Assistance Program
Same Day Pay through Daily Pay
The Pharmacy Internship program is a progressive program designed to prepare pharmacy students to function as fully competent pharmacists upon completion. Pharmacy Students are provided opportunities to experience distributive and clinical activities to enhance their formal education. Per NYS regulations, interns are also assigned a pharmacist preceptor. The preceptor assumes the responsibility for training the intern, even though the intern may practice occasionally under the supervision of another pharmacist in the same pharmacy.
STATUS: Per Diem
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
• Currently enrolled in 4th professional year of pharmacy school.
• NYS pharmacy intern permit.
• Compounds patient-specific medications (per NYS regulation, may only be performed by a licensed intern or pharmacist).
• Provides drug information (per NYS regulation, may only be performed by a licensed intern or pharmacist).
• Prepares formulary reviews for Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
• Prepares educational programs for pharmacy staff.
• Provides patient care (per NYS regulation, may only be performed by a registered intern or pharmacist).
• Provides clinical services under the direction of a pharmacist (for example, checking laboratory results or reviewing a patient chart).
• Shadows Pharmacists doing medication order entry.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
PAY RANGE: $21.00 - $21.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.