To prepare pharmacy students for post-graduate training and careers in health system pharmacy.
The internship is a structured, longitudinal three-year program. Successful interns will develop and expand their skills in:
- Sterile and non-sterile compounding
- Prescription preparation and verification
- Clinical pharmacy consultation
- Obtaining and evaluating medication histories
- Patient and provider medication education
- Medication use evaluation
- Formulary management
- Formal presentations
- Medication safety
- Literature evaluation and application
- Pharmacy leadership
The intern program is a longitudinal program designed to build over three years. The intern will receive 3-month renewable contracts during the internship period with optional 12-month per-diem contracts. Time commitments will vary based on year in the program. Additional hours may be available at the request of the intern – note: the intern program recommends against working additional hours for interns maintaining less than a 3.0 GPA.
The intern’s schedule is determined based on experiential education requirements and department needs. Consideration will be given to schedule based on intern’s interest when possible. Intern summer schedules will include rotating weekend shifts; evening and overnight shifts may be available based on intern interests.
- Enrolled in an ACPE-accredited or candidate school of pharmacy in good academic standing
- Obtain a New York State Intern Permit during first summer of employment
- Participate in pharmacy operations including medication distribution, evaluation and leadership.
- Complete medication related project based on year of school (inventory, medication use or clinical use)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
PAY RANGE: $17.00 - $17.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.