HOW WE CARE FOR YOU:
At Rochester Regional Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- Up to $20,000 Sign on Bonus
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Relocation Assistance
- Benefits Effective Date of Hire
- Tuition Assistance & Student Loan Forgiveness
- Employee Referral Program
As an Off-Shift Director of Nursing, your exceptional leadership and experience allows you to guide and evaluate care as well as supervise staff to manage patient concerns and comfort. You are a valuable resource throughout the facility.
DeMay Living Center, connected to Newark-Wayne Community Hospital is a 180 bed skilled nursing facility providing 24-hour care to people and their families in need of rehabilitative, complex post-acute, transitional, neurobehavioral and long term care. We also provide a safe, comforting setting for people experiencing symptoms of dementia.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: DeMay Living Center
DEPARTMENT; Long Term Care
SCHEDULE: Off Shift / Nights
- Minimum of two (2) years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience
- Leadership experience preferred
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, lead and prioritize effectively
- Unit Management. Provide onsite management of the facility; oversee the delivery of patient care and any issues that arise; ensure proper documentation; facilitate professional collaboration with all staff and providers; maintain a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff
- Leadership. Mentor and coach staff in clinical and behavioral events; facilitate patient flow by assisting staff in decision making; function as an inter- and intra-departmental liaison; provide guidance to unit staff in all matters related to resource availability, flexing and floating staff
- Patient Care. Round on patient and families with concerns or complaints; collaborate with staff to provide care that respects patient’s personal values and beliefs, accounting for spiritual and cultural needs; support patient and families in making informed decisions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
- BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA)
- RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
PAY RANGE: $34.50 - $48.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.