As a Midwife, your superior ability to self-manage and stay organized, paired with your compassion and empathy greatly help you deliver care to women in various stages of childbirth and provide counsel in well-woman healthcare.
STATUS: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Midwifery Obstetrics and Gynecology
SCHEDULE: As Scheduled
- Ability to function completely in all areas of nurse-midwifery practice; interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirement, relative to age specific needs; covered by malpractice in all sites of clinical practice
- One (1) to two (2) years of clinical experience in a related practice preferred, however will consider a highly motivated new graduate
- Strong analytical, computer and communication skills
- Antepartum Care. Teach, counsel and support; perform physical examinations and assess information to identify each woman’s plan of care relative to her age-specific needs
- Intrapartum Care. Teach and support women in labor; review records and perform physical examinations; perform a variety of labor-related procedures; interpret information and record data during the labor and birth; complete birth certificate
- Postpartum Care. Assess emotional and physical status; teach and counsel in regard to multiple health issues such as nursing, parenting, postpartum physical changes, health maintenance and family planning
- Newborn Care. Institute emergency care for the newborn, including resuscitation and intubation; perform and record complete assessment of newborn in or out of hospital setting
- Well-Woman Healthcare. Provide routine well-woman healthcare to women of a variety of ages and stages in life; evaluate and treat minor gynecological problems; counsel clients regarding health issues, such as breast self-exam, cardiovascular risk and health maintenance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
- CNM - Certified Nurse-Midwife - American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB)
- LMW - Licensed Midwife NYS - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
PAY RANGE: $95,000.00 - $150,000.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.