HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At Rochester Regional Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- No Weekends or Holidays
- Clinical Ladder
- Employee Referral Program with Bonuses up to $10k
- Certification Support and Pay
- Advancement Opportunities
- Same Day Pay through Daily Pay
Gastroenterology combines high-tech services with highly skilled and compassionate care to prevent, diagnose, and treat a wide range of gastrointestinal and liver disorders. Doctors throughout the region refer their most complex cases to our expert gastroenterologists, whose specialties include colon cancer screening, hepatobiliary and pancreatic disease, GERD and inflammatory bowel diseases.
There are two distinct settings within GI, the practices where patients are seen for routine visits and consultations and the procedural suites where colonoscopies, EGDs and other conscious-sedation procedures are performed. Teamwork and excellence in patient care are the center of our culture. We strive to provide the best patient experience while genuinely loving the work we do!
As a Licensed Practical Nurse in Gastroenterology, you are key in the success of operations and compassionate patient care every day.
STATUS: Per Diem
LOCATION: Primary location at the Joseph C Wilson Center with floating among various GI locations in Rochester based on need
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday Days
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment
- Exceptional documentation skills and professional behavior
- Patient Care & Service. Promote and restore patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborate with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; perform various treatment procedures; provide physical, educational and emotional support to patients, friends and families; supervise assigned team members
- Medication Administration & Reporting. Administer medication and give/receive relevant reports, both written and verbal from/to appropriate staff as per departmental protocols
- Documentation. Ensure concise, pertinent and complete documentation using computerized medical record process
- Preparation. Ensure clinical areas are properly supplied and exam rooms are available and stocked
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
- LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
- BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA)
PAY RANGE: $23.00 - $26.60
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.